If you are a team of Egyptology postgraduate students or early career researchers (minimum of two members; at least one member must be registered as a postgraduate PhD student) and would like to host the next round of the Current Research in Egyptology conference, please consider submitting a bid!
Bids will be presented at the beginning of the CRE 2021 Annual General (16th May 2021).
Bids should consist of the following:
- A Powerpoint presentation which will give the voters (i.e. the attendees of CRE 2021 who are present at the AGM) a clear idea of why they should vote for your bid. Please include the suggested following information:
- Members of your committee
- Available funds for organising expenses (e. venue rental)
- Visitor information (transport, accommodation)
- Potential opening and closing speakers (usually professional Egyptologists, such as professors from your institution)
- Location for the conference dinner
- Any bonuses your institution can offer (i.e. free lunch, museum tours, etc.)
- An optional (but strongly recommended) poster which includes the information from your Powerpoint in a summarised form. Posters of the bids (if you chose to include one) will be on display alongside the poster presentations throughout the conference.
It is mandatory that a member of your committee be in attendance to present the bid at the AGM. This is so voters can ask questions regarding travel, funding, etc.
We encourage international bids to be submitted. Please make sure to research concerns regarding transportation and visas for your country, as many voters are likely to have questions. Please note that institutions which have not been successful for past bids are encouraged to re-apply!
Intention to present a bid must be declared before May 13th 2021 via email to email@example.com.
The email is simply to notify the committees and should not include your Powerpoint presentation or poster.
Looking forward to seeing you all at CRE 2021!
CRE Permanent Committee